1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
2 cups Oreo crumbles
Preheat oven to 375, line a cookie sheet with parchment. I have found that parchment keeps the cookies from spreading too much, as they tend to do on a greased pan or a silpat.
In the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and cream cheese until thoroughly combined.
Add sugar and vanilla, mix well.
Add flour one cup at a time and mix on low just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
Pour Oreo crumbles into a bowl. Scoop dough out and roll into roughly 1.5″ balls, then roll in cookie crumbles, coating thoroughly. Be sure to cover the dough balls really well in crumbs, as this is what holds the cookie together while baking. Space cookies about 1-2″ apart on sheet. Bake on center rack about 14-15 minutes and allow to cool on sheet several minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Join the Playground On Facebook
- 2 cups creamy Planters Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 cups pretzels (I used the mini pretzel twists)
- 10 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST INGREDIENTS
- 1 and 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs with 1/3 cup sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Combine well and set aside.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with either parchment paper or tin foil hanging over the edges, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Draping the foil or parchment paper over the sides will make it easier for you to lift these bars out of the pan.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into the pan and very firmly press down. If you don’t press the mixture firmly in the pan, the crust will fall apart. Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut butter mixture. In a large bowl, use your hands to combine peanut butter, softened butter, a pinch of salt, vanilla, and confectioner’s sugar. Use your fingers to really squish the mixture together to mix it well. You can also use a large spoon, but I have found that my (clean!) hands work best.
- After the crust has chilled for an hour, arrange the peanut butter mixture on top and gently press down on it.
- Arrange a single layer of pretzels over the peanut butter layer. Crush the remaining pretzels and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in milk chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening. Melt according to package directions. I microwaved for about 1 minute at 50% power, then stirred and microwaved at 20 second intervals until the chocolate mixture was melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the Buckeye Bars. Sprinkle remaining crushed pretzels on top.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
For more Dessert Recipes CLICK
Join the Playground On Facebook
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp pure mint extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 6 Tbsp half and half, (or milk)
- ½ tsp green food coloring
- 3 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium microwave safe bowl combine 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until chocolate is melted, stirring in between. Stir until smooth set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in a medium size mixing bowl. Once mixture if light and fluffy, add extracts and salt. Mix to combine. With the mixer running slowly sprinkle in flour. Mixture will become thick. Add half and half. Mix to combine. Add food coloring until desired color is reached. Mix well to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press into a parchment lined 8×8 pan brushed with butter. Pour melted chocolate over top. Cover and place in freezer 20 minutes. You can keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve bar cold. Enjoy!
To serve 12: Cut this recipe in half and press into a 4”x9” bread pan. Cut into 12 pieces.
To easily cut the chilled bars: run a sharp knife under hot water. Gently wipe excess water off on a towel. To cut pieces, slowly press knife into bars and allow it to almost melt through the bars. Repeat until all bars are cut.
Join the Playground On Facebook
For more YUMMY Desserts CLICK
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes
3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbls sugar
3 Tbls butter, melted
12 Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
16 oz (2 8 oz packages) of light cream cheese
1 c sugar
1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c Reese’s Peanut Butter chips
1/2 c chocolate chips
2 tsp shortening, divided
Preheat the oven to 350. Place a cup liner in each cup of your muffin pan. Make the graham cracker crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs, 3 Tbls sugar, and 3 Tbls melted butter. Combine until nice and crumbly.
Press the crust into the bottom of each cup. I use about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture for each cup and then use the bottom of my ice cream scoop to flatten the crust down.
Remove the wrappers from the Reese’s. You will want to unwrap 14 total. 12 for the cheesecakes and two for a quick snack. Place a Reese’s in the center of the crust in each cup.
Beat the cream cheese until nice and fluffy. I use the light cream cheese so I can have two cheesecakes but you could use regular cream cheese if you would like
Add in the sugar, flour and vanilla and continue beating until well combined. Add in the eggs one at time making sure they are well incorporated.
Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the Reese’s, evenly dividing the mixture among the 12 cups. I use about 1/4 c of the mixture for each cup. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the cheesecakes are set.
Let the cheesecakes cool – or don’t! They are so good when the chocolate is all ooey-gooey and melted but they really are better after they’ve cooled and chilled for a while. Melt the peanut butter chips and 1 tsp of shortening in the microwave and then use a fork to swirl the melted chips over the top of the cheesecakes. Do the same with the chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Makes 12 cheesecakes. Store in refrigerator.
For more Fun and Recipes CLICK