These Creme De Menthe Brownies are our holiday masterpiece! They are a decadent combination of mint and our Rodelle Vanilla and Cocoa.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2-oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 4-6 drops green food coloring
- About 36 Andes Mints, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9×9-inch square pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir with a fork until very smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk together sugar, eggs, and Rodelle Vanilla Extract. With mixer on low speed, blend in the chocolate mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Sift flour, Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa, and salt into a small bowl, then whisk into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and ¼ cup sugar until smooth. Add 1 egg, mint extract and food color. Mix well.
- Carefully spoon filling over brownie mixture. Lightly swirl filling into brownie mixture using a chop stick.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and let set for a minute or so.
Sprinkle chopped mints on the warm brownies. Let cool for about 5 more minutes, remove from pan, remove the foil and cool thoroughly on wire rack.