- 2 cups creamy Planters Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 cups pretzels (I used the mini pretzel twists)
- 10 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST INGREDIENTS
- 1 and 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs with 1/3 cup sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Combine well and set aside.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with either parchment paper or tin foil hanging over the edges, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Draping the foil or parchment paper over the sides will make it easier for you to lift these bars out of the pan.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into the pan and very firmly press down. If you don’t press the mixture firmly in the pan, the crust will fall apart. Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut butter mixture. In a large bowl, use your hands to combine peanut butter, softened butter, a pinch of salt, vanilla, and confectioner’s sugar. Use your fingers to really squish the mixture together to mix it well. You can also use a large spoon, but I have found that my (clean!) hands work best.
- After the crust has chilled for an hour, arrange the peanut butter mixture on top and gently press down on it.
- Arrange a single layer of pretzels over the peanut butter layer. Crush the remaining pretzels and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in milk chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening. Melt according to package directions. I microwaved for about 1 minute at 50% power, then stirred and microwaved at 20 second intervals until the chocolate mixture was melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the Buckeye Bars. Sprinkle remaining crushed pretzels on top.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
For more Dessert Recipes CLICK