- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp pure mint extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 6 Tbsp half and half, (or milk)
- ½ tsp green food coloring
- 3 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium microwave safe bowl combine 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until chocolate is melted, stirring in between. Stir until smooth set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in a medium size mixing bowl. Once mixture if light and fluffy, add extracts and salt. Mix to combine. With the mixer running slowly sprinkle in flour. Mixture will become thick. Add half and half. Mix to combine. Add food coloring until desired color is reached. Mix well to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press into a parchment lined 8×8 pan brushed with butter. Pour melted chocolate over top. Cover and place in freezer 20 minutes. You can keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve bar cold. Enjoy!
To serve 12: Cut this recipe in half and press into a 4”x9” bread pan. Cut into 12 pieces.
To easily cut the chilled bars: run a sharp knife under hot water. Gently wipe excess water off on a towel. To cut pieces, slowly press knife into bars and allow it to almost melt through the bars. Repeat until all bars are cut.
For more YUMMY Desserts CLICK