This easy recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Bread is bursting with chocolate and peppermint flavors and is perfect for the holiday season.
- 1/2 cup BUTTER, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups SUGAR
- 3/4 teaspoon SALT
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 teaspoon PEPPERMINT EXTRACT
- 1/2 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- 2/3 cup COCOA POWDER
- 3 EGGS
- 1 1/4 cup FLOUR
- 3/4 cup MILK
- 10 CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES, regular or peppermint version, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup ANDES PEPPERMINT CRUNCH CHIPS, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9×5 inch loaf pan with Pam Cooking Spray for Baking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, salt, extracts, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. With the mixer on low, add half of the flour. Pour in the milk and then the remaining flour. Stop mixing when everything is just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate sandwich cookies if using.
- Pour into pan and bake for 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. If needed use a plastic or rubber utensil to loosen the bread from the edge of the pan (I didn’t have to do this when I made this bread, but you might depending on your pan) Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- If desired, melt peppermint crunch chips for about 30 seconds in the microwave, stir and heat about 20 seconds more. Stir until smooth and drizzle over cooled bread. Sprinkle with additional peppermint crunch chips. Allow the drizzle to harden slightly before slicing bread.
For more Holiday recipes CLICK